More on how I made my structure, step by step.
I carried on using common household items to my advantage, here I show myself shaping one of the main arteries by sculpting around a glue stick. I chose to use these materials because they are more convenient and easily obtainable then anything professional I could’ve bought online.
Next is a before and after on the baking tray, I heated the soft clay for 40 minuets as instructed, however I burnt the surface slightly and it lost it’s fleshy appearance though still eerily resembled a human heart in pigment and shape.
I am very pleased with how the result turned out, I have never used this material before and I surprised myself at the outcome. I can now say I’m rather proud.
After the clay had cooled I placed it on the chrome plated copper pipe I managed to find in a store, I then used the Bronze Effect outdoor paint to spray the heart, I waited 20 minuets between coats as instructed and did a total of three coats. I then marked out the places to be drilled after snipping the knitting needles in half with pliers.
Then began the difficult process of working with wire when your finger is bandaged…
I used the same Araldite to glue some little coils I found in John Lewis to the tip of the knitting needles. After this was dry I proceeded to add the aluminium wire, I cut it into several pieces so it was easier to work with (sort of) and webbed it all around the coils to create the technological shell I had being envisioning.
The final product will be in my next post!! ^^